The goal of FacultyLife is to honor God through service to adjunct faculty. Building a community of adjunct faculty is a vision centered on two core beliefs:
- We as faculty are committed to the cause of Christ.
- Our instruction is viewed through the lens of a Bible-based, Christian worldview.
Because of our commitment to Christ and our endeavor to live the gospel in the learning environment, we take our role of stewardship seriously, as we strive to provide adjunct faculty with an unparalleled academic experience. In doing this, our goal cannot be to puff up one’s self or even the university, but to represent our God well that He might be glorified in our service to students.
Blog topics are categorized by relationship, active faith, responsiveness, instruction, grading, and technology. Find out how you can contribute by following the step-by-step guidelines in the writing guide, and you will know how to produce consistent, quality post content.
The team is committed to posting at least 1-2 times a week. To stay connected with the blog, please subscribe to the FacultyLife blog - Your Home for Faculty Development.
If you are new to the site, you might want to start with the following selection of posts:
- Thank You Dr. Pepper, Thank You Dr. Seuss: A Graduate's Appreciation [VIDEO]
- Mere Dispatch or Simple Acts of Service?
- Exceeding Expectations: Shame Washed Away
- A Story Worth Giving Away
- The LEAP Bible Study: Opening Up the Word of God
- Integrating Faith and Learning: Engaging the World [VIDEO]
- Adjunct Faculty Expectations: How to Score a Four on the Online Course Activity Review [VIDEO]
- Adjunct Faculty Expectations: Online Course Activity [VIDEO]
- I Identify As a Teacher
- So What's the Big Deal About Reporting Attendance? [VIDEO]
- The Toolbox: Capture the Power, Get to the Point [VIDEO]
- Thriving in the Onsite Classroom: Transparency in Teaching and Learning [VIDEO]
- Today's Terrific Teaching Tip: Post Discussion Forum Grades Early!
- Unequal Feedback: A Student Perspective
- Efficient, Effective and Edifying Grading: GradeMark [WEBINAR SIMULCAST]
- Technology and Learning: A Student Perspective
- Scaffolding Curriculum Assessment: An Introduction to Learning Outcomes Manager [VIDEO]
- How to Exceed Expectations: Creating and Updating Your Instructor Page [VIDEO]
Mike Mendenhall, MSM, is the Assistant Director, Faculty Development, in the School of Service and Leadership, College of Adult and Professional Studies at Indiana Wesleyan University. He administers faculty development, publishes the FacultyLife blog, teaches a faculty candidate training seminar, and publishes a newsletter. Learn more about Mike at LinkedIn and his IWU Faculty Page.
Our Contact Information
Our blog is built on WordPress 5.2.1. Our theme is a customized version of SchoolFun Child, a simple, easy-to-use WordPress theme. In terms of design, the body text font is Helvetica Neue. The font for titles, subheads, captions and other elements is Raleway. We get most of our photos free from Unsplash.