The Guide is a living document. Be sure to periodically check the Off Campus Library Services site to ensure you and your students are using the latest edition.
In an ongoing series, Jule Kind, Director of Off Campus Library Services (OCLS), shares the second of two posts about the APA 6e Guide. OCLS functions within Jackson Library to provide a variety of research tools for onsite and online students in the College of Adult and Professional Studies (CAPS).
Recently, I was helping a student who was using a guide from 2009! You can always tell by looking in the bottom left-hand corner. The version is displayed as: Ver. 2014.01.2. This means it was last updated on January 2, 2014.
On the APA Resources page that OCLS hosts, there are many other APA resources for students to use. Included are videos that focus on specific APA topics; an APA Word paper template; an APA checklist; a link to CrossRef, for identifying DOI numbers; a PowerPoint that explains how to locate DOI numbers and publisher web home pages. If you would like to see more, just let OCLS know!
Question: What has been some feedback - positive or negative - given by your students regarding the APA 6e Guide? Please leave a comment below.
OCLS Series Posts
- Steering Students to Databases at Off Campus Library Services
- Using Discovery Service to Improve Your Research at Off Campus Library Services
- Making Sense of the APA 6e Guide at Off Campus Library Services - Part 1
- Picking Out the Right Bibliographic Citation Management Software at Off Campus Library Services
- Building a Custom Research Guide at Off Campus Library Services